Selling your home in the Qualicum, Parksville or Nanaimo Area? It isn’t just about putting a sign on the front lawn anymore. You need to take into consideration what buyers are looking for and want in their next home. Determining who your target buyer is will tell you exactly what you need to do to prepare your property. How do you determine who your target buyer is? Ask yourself a few simple questions…
- Who is moving in and out of your neighbourhood?
- Do you have any schools or parks near by?
- What about convenient shopping areas?
- How close are you to a main highway or city transit for commuters?
- What size is your house and what is your list price?
Once you have determined this, you will know what needs to be done to appeal to your target buyer.
Parsville and Qualicum Beach Real Estate Statistics:
If you are listing a new home, focus on the selling features like…
- Ample storage space
- Larger closets
- Energy efficient
- Newer construction which means less maintenance
- Newer school district
- Open floor plan
- Any upgrades that have been done to the home like…hardwood, granite, updated fixtures
When it comes to selling an older home, you need to focus on showing off features like…
- The fact that the home is located in a well established location
- Great architectural details
- Mature trees and normally larger lots
- Any upgrades that have been done to the home like…upgraded kitchens and bathrooms, newer windows, roof and furnace
If you own a condo, buyers will be looking for…
- Low maintenance
- Close to transit
- Close to all amenities like restaurants, gym, work, night life
- Updated décor
Whatever type of home you are planning to sell, you have one chance to make a great impression on your potential buyers, so don’t miss the opportunity to sell your home quickly and for top dollar.